The Books of Elsewhere- Bluebonnet Nominee

I just finished reading new series by Jacqueline West, The Books of Elsewhere The Shadows, and was surprised at how scary it was to read as an adult.  The main character, Olive, moves into an old house with her parents. Now, the one thing I found strange was that the parents kept the house and all its furniture and pictures exactly as they bought it.  Anyway, I know this is a fictional story so I won't get too much into that aspect of the book.  To continue,Olive finds these strange glasses that allow her to go inside the painting that are actually stuck to the wall.  She finds a little boy, Morton, who is hiding in one of the paintings and with the help of a talking cat figure out the secrets of the house.  It is a very scary book, especially for students, but I know that students liked to be scared and would recommend this thriller to be read in the late hours of the night.

Comments

Popular Posts