Out of My Mind- Bluebonnet Nominee


WONDERFUL BOOK!  I stayed up until 1 to finish reading this book because I wanted to know what happened to Melody.

Ok Melody is the main character and she has cerebral palsey ad she is unable to move or communicate, but inside her mind she has a photographic memory and is very intelligent.  Throughout the story she endures harrassment by not only students, but teachers as well.  She finally figures out a way to communicate with the outside world, but of course, this is very scary to people because she is different. 
I cheer for her parents who stand up for her and don't treat her differently and for Melody who despite her disabilities proves that she is smart and very capable.  I was so so sad for her and actually cried at her hardships.  This story is an eye opener to people and like one reviewer said, 'will make an advocate out of you.'

Comments

Popular Posts